Saturday, January 10, 2009

Christmas Gift Reviews! (Electronics)

This year I really tried not to overwhelm everyone with gifts! Here are a couple of the things the kids received and how we like them!

Digiblue Microscope QX5 is a great addition. This Microscope can capture and record images and video on most PC computers. Experiment with the microscope and the PC, transforming the ordinary into the extraordinary. Its hours of learning and fun! The kids use it at school (Laynie can get it working!) and love it! Cost around $90.00.

The Wii I have been putting off purchasing another game but this has proven to be great. Everyone (young and old) are enjoying! Keith and Thomas have spent hours on Mario Kart, the girls like baseball, bowling and Disney's Sing It. Our cousins have Dance Revolution and this had a great aunt who often complains of pain dancing! It is a must have!!!

Thomas wanted Star Wars the Force Unleashed for his PSP. He plays it on our commute to/from school. He hasn't asked for a new game, so I think he gives it a thumbs up! Thomas also received Oregon Scientific Helmet Cam that we haven't tried as of today! The camera is water proof up to 9ft so we are waiting for a warm day to try it in the pool! Will send reviews and pics when we try it.

Laynie received her personal DS (she always ends up with hand me down electronics) and the game Imagine Teacher. I think she prefers her sister's game "Cooking Mama" to the new game.
Laynie also received the Disney MixStick (MP3 player) that I have loaded with songs and seems very durable! Important for a 6 year old. I didn't purchase a wall charger so I have to plug it into my pc (usb charger) to charge. It has a SD expansion slot. I really like it especially for the price. The older kids have Sony Walkman's that work well.

Lauren received Disney Flix Digital Video Camera of her own. She has enjoyed documenting our lives. We have not uploaded the videos for her to edit, but this is on our list of things to do. Look forward to her movie premier in 2009!

I hope some of the information will help the next time your looking for a gift. I try to read as many reviews as possible before purchasing, but sometimes knowing that a friend has enjoyed the product speaks much louder!

Does anyone have Rock Band or Guitar Hero? What's the difference? Which one is better?????

2 comments:

alexandra said...

I guess we need to try sing it! Talk to Mary about Rock Band and GH; they have both. Paige tried to play Rock Band and liked it it but it was WAY over her head. She just liked pretending.

Anonymous said...

My 17 year old brother has Guitar Hero and I was able to play it with him over Christmas... I know nothing about video games and it was very fun!!

:) Jessica Hester