Monday, February 23, 2009

Science Fair Projects 2009

I thought it would be neat to test the bags in different homes in different states, too!

Tiff in California has already agreed- her kit is in the mail!!!

Thank you for agreeing to help me with my science fair project. This year I am testing the Debbie Meyer Green bags. They claim to keep fruits and vegetables fresher longer. I have included 2 green bags and 2 storage bags along with a data sheet to record your observations. We will have a control group that will be placed on the counter without a bag, a green bag group, and a clear storage bag group. Label and place fruit in each group. Initially observe the fruit for brown spots, firmness and mold. Record the data under Day 0. On day 2 reexamine the fruit in each group and record the data. Repeat for days 4, 6, 8 and 10. Once you have collected the data please email the information back to me at tbowman@inbox.com. If you are able to take pictures I would enjoy seeing your results! If you have any questions please contact me.


I have chosen bananas and cantaloupe for my experiment! I’ll keep you posted with my results too!


Thanks,
Lauren Bowman

2 comments:

QueenieTx said...

We almost chose that experiment. Not the out of state part of it but just to see if the bags made a difference.

Anonymous said...

So what were your results for your science fair project using the Debbie Meyer Green Bags?