Tuesday, December 23, 2008

The 23rd of December

As family traditions go, mine has been spending the 23rd of December with my mom's side of the family. Santa's helper usually makes a surprise visit and the cousins enjoy playing together, putting on plays and of course opening gifts. The adults enjoy fellowship, good food and watching the growing family. This year most of the cousins are out of state - Utah, California, Missouri or had spouses on call- so the Bowman's were the kids for the evening. Since I wasn't up to decorating/cleaning/cooking/then cleaning again- I suggested that we meet at a restaurant in town. Everyone agreed it was a must that someone bring desert. We were blessed with Red Velvet Cake by Maryanne. It's the best if you like Red Velvet!

The great aunts and uncles showered the kids with gifts!Photobucket Photobucket

Photobucket

As soon as we got home, the race was on! The kids loved there new cars.
Laynie,Lauren,thomas

Thanks for the many gifts! The girls have craft boxes to work with while Thomas received a tool boxes with tools that mom needs!!!

1 comments:

Tiffany said...

I love getting together with all the family. Sorry we missed it. The boys and I are planning a trip when Mason gets a couple months older. I need a little more time to pump myself up for flying with three kids by myself. :)