Friday, October 24, 2008

Blew!!!




Thomas purchased his steer calf and like all of his other animals he wanted the name to begin with the letter "B". The calf is black and white so he named him Blew. Not Blue the color, but for Blew past the competition!!!! We just didn't know he'd blow past mom and she'd end up in the hospital.













The days have been long washing, leading, chasing, feeding, clipping and hauling! It's all worth it when the family enjoys the activity together! Family Time is the most important. However you do get stepped on, kicked, very mad and sometimes hurt.
Thursday morning of the fair was a brisk morning and mom went to untie Blew and head outside to feed and water. Well he made a sharp turn and when I let go my momentum landed me in a pipe breaking me right humerus. Uncle Jason and the kids went to get Blew and check on me and I knew immediately it was broken. The story ends great as Thomas and Blew won GRAND CHAMPION. I am so proud of my boys!!!

Way to go T!

0 comments: